Saturday, January 28, 2006

Very odd dream while I was napping this afternoon. There were spiders, huntsmen, gathering on a window at night. About 11 of the things, all different sizes. I watched them cautiously and realised there was sort of a spidery-standoff happening. Then one of the biggest ones, a female, snatched up a piece of black fabric - the cloak from a Star Wars action figure - and dashed off. Carnage ensued, though I didn't see much of it, just got the impression of all the critters converging and racing. <shudder> Got distracted by something else in the dream and when I got back to the spider there were 3 left, 2 injured ones doggedly trailing the original female, determined to get the scrap. I could only assume it was wanted it for nesting.
... unless it was a symbol of spider royalty and would allow the wearer to claim dominion over the world of Arachnia!
No, that's just silly.

Chapter 36 is moving along; going to be longer than I'd first thought but, meh, that seems to be standard for SFSG.
And yesterday I had a solid [ping] about another idea that's been simmering in the background. Looks like that might be ready to start soon. Convenient, eh?

No comments: