Sunday, January 01, 2006

<smirk> Is it significant that as the new year ticked over I was writing smut? Setting the trend perhaps?
Nah... : )

Time was, not so long ago, when I would've thought it tragic not to be going somewhere or doing something on New Year's Eve. Now? Meh. I was online, I wasn't alone. <g> Would've been nice to have a little bit of alcohol though.
It was very quite here last night. The cubs' father took them down to the beach for the celebration so it was just me, the cat and the dog. Poor Jenna. There weren't very many fireworks to be heard, fortunately, but after the first one she was waiting with her nose pressed against the back door! She shot inside and then was quite content to stay in all night.
Cubs were soooo tired when they got home around 1 a.m. they went straight to bed and didn't even quibble when I said they couldn't read for a little while. We all woke up late this morning.
(It was interesting - when the cubs' father dropped them off he mentioned that this was like a dress rehearsal for when we're in separate houses. If so then I can't foresee a problem for me.)

New Year's Determinations? One or two vaguely sensible ones plus finishing SFSG within two weeks and seeing it in print by the end of the year. We'll see how we go. : )

Happy Arbitrary Calendar Change, everyone!

No comments: