Thursday, January 26, 2006

Chapter 35 is finished - on to the epilogue, now. Hee. Current wordage is 175k, that's 10k more than Half-blood Prince. (I checked, just so I could get some idea of the size...)

Regarding air-conditioning, Onna, I've only lived in one rental house that had any, and it was expensive to run. My Mum has a/c in her unit now, but there's no shade there and she can't cope with the heat anymore. a/c is becoming the standard here down South but it wasn't for many, many years and I'm still leary about saying it's an essential. (Vicious cycle: a/c uses a lot of electricity, the production of which contributes to global warming and higher temperatures, necessitating more a/c). With better designed houses - with proper insulation and building to suit the climate - it shouldn't be needed.

Nicked from Rakina:



My pirate name is:


Black Jack Bonney



Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from fidius.org.


I liked the Hamlet question - this answer particularly:
"Yes, but it was only a small flaw in an otherwise brilliant work of... err.. that is... ARR!
<giggling>

No comments: