Friday, January 13, 2006

Only have a little patience and all that you desire will find its way to eBay...
Late in 2004 I saw a calendar of patchwork craft which had a gorgeous Autumn leaf quilt inside. I wasn't going to pay full price ($15) for one pattern however, so I waited for it to be marked down, like most calendars are in the new year. Two months in and it still hadn't been discounted, and then it - and all the other remaining calendars - disappeared. I was miffed, but philosophical.
I was recently browsing eBay and found a back-issue of a patchwork magazine which had that exact same quilt featured on the cover. <g> So I finally have the pattern - and some other neat stuff besides - at about a quarter of the original price. Happy? Oh yes...
(I've also got a user-friendly book of doll-making which has a nice, simple calico doll with a moderately shaped face. <beg> Balian and Snape plushies are one step closer.)
(I also had an idea today that a jellyfish mobile would be neat. If I make them out of light and floaty material they'll drift in the air quite nicely.)

Chapter 34 is finished and I've got notes ready for 35. <bounce>
I'm a little bit over my ideal schedule but not by much.

The cubs were out with their father this afternoon so I decided to listen to some of my music, for a change. I dragged out the Oasis: Morning Glory CD, which, for various reasons I haven't listened to for ages. MG was something I played a lot while I was writing Pros fiction and it was giving me the strangest emotional flashbacks. <g> It's not made me any more likely to dip into the fandom again, but it was an interesting experience.

And when I'd finished with that I put on my Jimmy Sommerville's Greatest Hits and started rockin' 'round the lounge room to some gay pride/angst. The cubs came home soon after and asked, incredulous, what was I listening too? One cub declared he didn't like wee Jimmy's voice at all, which I took to be an unsubtle hint for me to stop playing the CD. I smiled sweetly and replied that it was a perfect opportunity, then, for him to go and play in his room, wasn't it? He went. <eg> The other cub hung around, but he had his nose buried in the latest Horrible Science and didn't make a sound.
To their credit, the cubs don't get pouty anymore when I occasionally insist on watching/listening to something they're not particularly interested in. Heh, they're growing up, I guess.
Speaking of growing up... I've decided that as we're going to Nana's for a few days, it'd be nice for the cubs to have their own money instead of begging from me. They haven't managed to earn any pocket money yet but I've inadvertently stockpiled all their baby teeth for the past year or so cos I'm never organised enough to put just one or two teeth out for the tooth fairy. Anyway, there's a glass of water on the bench tonight, holding seventeen teeth. <g> That's a big load for a little fairy. Might need a squadron to deal with 'em - or just one tooth ogre.

No comments: