Saturday, January 21, 2006

One of my new year determinations was to not whinge about stuff I couldn't change, like the weather. Even so...
Blinkin' heck it's hot!
Mid-thirties today, mid-thirties yesterday, and low-forties forecast for tomorrow - all this in a house with a metal roof, no insulation and no air-conditioning. <whimper> I'm watching news reports of blizzards in Moscow and feeling quite envious.
Sun's gone down now and the temperature's dropped a little, but the cicadas have started up and they're matching the decibel level of my housemate; ie: loud enough to drown out the telly.
Last night wasn't too bad, there was a moderate cool change with showers and thunderstorms, and a good stiff breeze to blow through the house. Air's barely moving tonight though - not looking forward to trying to sleep.
The piggle, bless her, has finally got the hang of the bottle of frozen water. I caught her this afternoon, reclining over the thing, using it like a pillow. <g> Very cute.

Sat down with the cubs this afternoon and watched Big Trouble in Little China, one of my favourite movies. Cubs got right into it, gasping and laughing in the right places, and not needing to ask many questions about what was going on. <g> I thank anime for their knowledge of demons/spirits and supernatural doings.

(Just checked my weather pixie at The Zone... 29.C. I don't think it's going to get much cooler tonight.
Hm, 'puter's running a bit hot too - better keep an eye on that...)

Picking away at the theoretically penultimate chapter of SFSG. It ain't 'alf dragging its heels. I've roughed it out in long-hand but as I'm tweaking as I transcribe its taking about as much time as it would for me to write from scratch. Heh, no matter, I've got my 'holy heck I've finished!' bottle of alcohol tucked away ready for when I do actually finish the thing.

(Cubs have just told me they thought they saw some lightning earlier. Figures. Oh well, as long as the temperature drops I don't really care...)

No comments: