Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The cubs' father, recognising the incipient signs of 'forced proximity' psychosis, has agreed to look after the cubs tomorrow afternoon so I can run away for a few hours. : ) I'll probly go and see 'Goblet of Fire' again, oh, and pay the bills and do sensible shopping. But I'll be doing it on my own.

<happy grin> The cubs and I went to see Narnia yesterday.
Eeeee! Now that's what I call an encampment! Oh yes and the rest of the movie was marvelous, too, but eeee! Pavilions! : ) I need more tents in my life, obviously...
I thoroughly enjoyed Narnia, it was a beautiful realisation, so close to what I see in my mind when I read the book. (And dammit, I have to get to New Zealand one day. Centaurs come from there. They do. I heard the kiwi accents...) The children were all well cast - didn't you just want to pick Lucy up and cuddle her 'till she squeaked? - and the merging of CGI and live-action was believable.
And the tents, ah yes, the tents...
I got very teary throughout, starting right from the beginning when I was empathising all too strongly with the evacuation situation, all the way through to the little bit in the end credits. Soppy? Perhaps, but there was so much there to pull at me. Wonderful.

Hm, okay, so 34 might not be the final chapter. I'll almost certainly need at least one more before the epilogue, but that's fine, it's necessary detail.

No comments: