Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh good, a cool change...
It reached 43 today - second hottest January day on record, or something. It was 36 inside and the ambient heat meant that everything was hot to the touch - it made trying to find somewhere cool to lounge a bit difficult. And of course the heat brings the huntsman inside. I spotted a moderately sized one lurking around the piggle's cage last night. These things always appear in pairs, so I was on guard for the other one. Sure enough, in the toilet this morning, I tugged on the paper and an effing huntsman shot out from inside the roll! Ack! This one was too big even for my newfound bravery with spiders to cope with, so I called in reinforcements. Housemate was quite happy to catch the thing and spirit it away for me. (And later in the afternoon the original, smaller one appeared when I moved the piggle cage - but I caught that one on my own.) But now I'm twitchy, expecting more spiders to appear, jumping at sudden movements in my peripheral vision...
But, the change has come through and its only 24 inside now. Hoorah. Should be able to sleep well enough anyway.

A few months ago Alarice introduced me to A2 milk which she said contained a particular type of protein and was more beneficial. I was skeptical, but, I've been trying it for the past few weeks and I see what she means. I can even drink the full-cream version without getting a runny nose and a gluey chest, and when I've had to use 'normal' milk the change is noticeable. It does taste different to regular milk, but not in a bad way. The only quibble I have is that it's not certified organic, but I can live with that.

This 'HP obsessed' quiz was nicked from Rakina. (Sorry about the extraneous information that came with it - too brain-fried to trim.)

Harry & Ron
You scored 70% knowledge and 55% obsession!
"Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed, before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled!"

"She needs to sort out her priorities."



You are neither obsessed nor oblivious about the
magical world, but your knowledge is obviously higher than average. You
have a healthy interest in all things Potter, but it's nothing to worry
about. Your keen intellect and natural curiosity make you a force to be
reckoned with. You can't be expected to pay attention in Binns' class every
lesson when you have Quidditch matches and girls on your mind! Just be
forewarned - Hermione won't always be able to finish your essays for
you. She has enough going through that frizzy head of hers!




My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 33% on knowledge
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 0% on obsession
Link: The Harry Potter Obsessed Test written by ack_attack on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test


A fair summation, I think...


No comments: