Friday, June 24, 2011

Forecast: 10-17
Attained: 11-18

Performance Feedback & Development: Annual Performance Review...

Good grief those things are unnecessarily prolonged. Yes, yes, they've got to be done but no one looks forward to them. Least of all the managers who have to conduct them!
I did but o'er glance the criteria today and still wanted to bang my head against the wall. Ok, fair enough, checking how my current duties stack up against my job description makes a sort of sense, as does discussing my performance with my manager, but honestly...?
"Review of Demonstration of Company's Values" in which I'm required to think of examples of how I've demonstrated said Values - Accountability, Compassion, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration.

'kin' what? [headdesk] I've already had the job interview - I went through that to get the job! - I shouldn't be obliged to document selection criteria again! I can see I'm going to have to fall back on 'management speak' here, that is, the rendering of hollow nonsense in such a way with appropriate vocabulary (ie: buzzwords) to make it appear I'm not talking bollocks while still giving the impression of earnest intelligence and dedication to the corporate ideal. (See? That was largely bollocks just there that I said.)

Eh, it'll be fine, I'm sure, with all of us trying to make it as painless as possible. Could be worse, I could have to write a report or something. [shudder]



No comments: