Monday, June 27, 2011

Forecast: 8-16
Attained: 9-17


This morning I had a fitting for my hearing aid. The tech pushed a foam plug deeper in to my ear than I was comfortable with then back-filled the canal with cold goop which stayed in there to harden just long enough to start itching.

The unit should be ready in about 3 weeks. I'm curious to see how it goes. There'll probably be a difference to my hearing, but an improvement...? We'll see. At issue here is the quality of the device. I'm getting the most basic, government-supplied-for-free hearing aid cos I don't have private health insurance. It will amplify sound, all sound, including the background noise which is what I have difficulty hearing through. The next level up unit has better noise reduction but costs around $400. Pfft, no!
So, we'll see how we go.

~=o>


Cubs had their first day of work experience. Hee, they're exhausted, poor loves, and have taken themselves off to bed early...

~=o>

A chorus line of ducks




I unearthed a packet of 'party favour' mini-rubber duckies from storage. They fit just nicely on the bathroom window ledge. Some of them had got a bit compressed so they look like they've got spinal deformities, but that just adds to their individuality and charm, I say.



No comments: