Friday, June 17, 2011

Forecast: 8-15
Attained: 9-14


One of the funnest things about having a vivid imagination is that it's rarely the most mundane explanation that springs to my mind when something's not right.
For example...
One day, when I was in my teens, I was sitting in my room when I heard a rustling noise coming from the floor at the end of my bed.
Omigod, of course it was a giant spider! I could just imagine it's 'orrible, hairy - huge - legs as it hauled itself up and over my doona!
It wasn't a giant spider, it was just the cat making herself comfortable.
Forward a few years and I'm driving home from ballet class one night and I notice the highway is lined with people. Omigod, is it a bomb threat!?
But wait - I think - there's no sign of panic, and no emergency services present. Not a bomb threat then... Omigod, aliens!
I'm still driving at this point and trying to peer up through windscreen skywards to see if I could spot anything...
[sigh] Nope, not aliens either, merely a crowd gathered to watch the frontrunners in that year's Sydney to Melbourne marathon come through. I only worked that out after I'd watched the news later on...

~=o>



At last, I can finally get some of my pretties out where I can admire them. The figure to the left (...right? Um...) is indeed a plastic, glow-in-the-dark statuette of Mary, bought 2nd hand from a convent garage sale. Always pure class with me!



No comments: