Monday, November 21, 2011

Forecast: 10-23
Attained: 11-22


... It's very quiet. Cubs are at a sleepover. It's exam week but neither they nor their friend have exams tomorrow so I'm not that concerned. This friend, by the way, was s'posed to have birthday-sleepover-happyfun-time last weekend but had to cancel cos he got sick. I wasn't really surprised when he organised the sleepover today.

~=o>


I'm a bad cat-mum.
KittenKong didn't put in an appearance last night, not to nag for food or try to sleep on the keyboard. By the time I was ready to amble off to bed I realised why.
Late in the afternoon I'd gone to hang some washing out. KK had accompanied me, as usual, and when I went in to the shed to dump some more stuff, she followed me in, as usual. She wouldn't come out when I asked so I thought, 'tough' and shut the door, fully intending to let her out on my way back...
Unfortunately I got distracted by the stuff in my head and completely forgot about her. Stupidly, I even wondered why she wasn't following me back inside!
So, late last night, by the light of my phone, I rescued my poor kitten. She meowed all the way back inside then fell on her food like she'd been wandering the wilderness for days.
Heh, and last night she crowded me out on my pillow again so I think we're all good. :)

~=o>


I've got a xmas ham arriving soon. Time to make room in the freezer!

Last of the homemade stock with leftover meatballs and gnocchi. Capsicum and zucchini were fresh today on special. Nom!





No comments: