Sunday, November 27, 2011

Forecast: 14-24
Attained: 13-22


Cubs and I nipped up to Soulsis' this afternoon! Was lots of fun. :) We handed over my nephews' birthday presents (they'll be 17 next Tuesday. 17!) Then while all the lads played video games, Soulsis and I snuck out to go op-shopping after dropping Miss Raven (my niece) off at work.
I picked up a really nice moulded glass plate that had an acorn/oak leaves motif. Never seen anything like it. :) It has a small chip in the rim but nothing that bothersome. I'll take a pic when it's washed. I also got 3 gorgeous postcards from Macau; a necklace made from blue coloured discs of shell (which has now been reduced to its component parts); a purple suede covered notebook and another... interesting book.
'Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfilment in Christian Marriage. (Ed Wheat & Gaye Wheat, 1977.)
... Yerrss.
This printing is the UK version and in the introduction it states that the text is basically unchanged - they've left the Americanisms in - but,
"While there is a large area of common ground between the United Kingdom and North America, the British publishers would not endorse the total subservience of female to male desire recommended on pages 133-4... [My emphasis.]
[eyebrow] Indeed.
Let's see how far I get with it before wanting to hurl it at a wall.

~=o>


Another reason for visiting Soulsis today was so I could hand over the not-xmas decorations I'd made.


The toadstools are fairly obvious; the blobby white things on the left are skulls... They'll go really well with the black xmas tree I gave them last year. :)

~=o>


Also today, Soulsis and I half-jokingly started organising Miss Raven's 21st birthday party. (She'll be 21 in 2014. Won't hurt to start thinking about it now!)
I suggested the theme could be Carnivale!, complete with masks. The idea expanded from there to a circus tent/pavillion, with entertainers! Fortunately, Miss Raven apparently knows circus folk so getting hold of fire-eaters etc may not be that difficult.
Oh, we have plans, we do, Soulsis and I. Miss Raven may even get a say in it...!



No comments: