Sunday, October 21, 2012

Forecast: 11-24
Attained: 13-25


Final day of the conference, marked by the excellent food. :) Oh, and the great industry discussions. I've really enjoyed the time spent.

Afterwards we had a tour of the Mildura library. Lovely space, and I found a copy of The Adversary on the sale table! Excellent! Sure, it doesn't match the rest of the series I've got but that's not something I'm particularly fussed about.

Pat and I went for a drive this afternoon, just a quick trip, 30 km in to NSW cos we were on the border anyway. We drove past orange orchards and the car was filled with the scent of orange blossoms.

View from the car: mallee scrub.



This evening we trotted off to see a movie at the Deakin Cinema Complex (it's a 'Complex' cos it's got two screens. :)
We saw Lawless, which I can't say was enjoyable - guns and blood and violence, oh my - but the acting was fabulous.
This was followed by particularly nice pizzas - crispy crusts that were crunchy but not tooth-breaking. A good finish to a great day.

~=o>


No comments: