Sunday, October 14, 2012

Forecast: 9-22
Attained: 8-22


Apple blossom in the backyard.
Spring is still sprung.



~=o>


Had a fabulous time this afternoon at the Astor with Aaron watching Singin' in the Rain. Unfortunately it was an old print so there were a few spots where the film jumped or blurred, but it doesn't matter cos it's still possibly my faaaaaavourite movie. It doesn't matter how many times I see this on dvd, it is always so much better on the big screen. So much more detail, like the footprints on the couch in the 'Good Mornin'' number, and so much more subtlety in the facial expressions.

Cyd Charisse is just wow in this bit. The phwooar starts at :33.



And for added adorableness, in the foyer after the movie there was a completely unselfconscious four year old boy recreating bits of Donald O'Connor's 'Make 'em Laugh' number.
Priceless. :)



~=o>

4 comments:

Joules *Dances with Haddock* Taylor said...

[sigh] And over here there's frost on the grass...

I don't think I've ever watched SitR. Maybe the odd number. No spaceships, you see...

Lutra said...

Well, if you can bring yourself to watch something without spaceships, just once, you might like it. You could appreciate the physicality of the dancing if nothing else, or the not-so-subtle parodying of celebrity culture... in 1952. :)

Joules *Dances with Haddock* Taylor said...

I'll see if it comes on the telly at a time when I can stop what I'm doing and watch...

Lutra said...

[g] It's one of my favourite movies because it's so flipping funny!