Friday, October 19, 2012

Forecast: 11-30
Attained: 14-34


Here I am in Mildura! Had a good trip up. Left the house around 6.15 this morning. The cubs' dad gave me a lift in to the city in plenty of time to wander around and find my train.
Had just over 4 hours on the train, then another 3 on a coach, but immersed in my pod of music (yay for having 2 working ears!) it didn't feel like a long trip at all.

I found a Big Thing, quite by accident!


This is the Giant Murray Cod at Swan Hill, where I transferred from train to coach. Only had time for a flying visit to take photos, alas, with only 10 minutes before the coach left. No time even to check for souvenirs. [pout]

Anyway, got to Mildura, met up with Pat - my colleague - found the motel and settled in for a bit before we walked the block or so down to an excellent pizza place for a pre-conference meet'n'greet.

The only really gribbly thing about the trip so far is that my 'phone's network doesn't extend out to here, so no texts/calls.
... I miss it more than I thought I would. BUT, the motel has wifi so I can still email, and I remembered to bring my laptop. :)

Now, let's see if the wifi will hold stable for long enough for me to post an update...

~=o>



No comments: