Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Forecast: 17-20
Attained: 15-22


Random thingies from the weekend (except about the paddle steamer, cos that's a post in itself):

Mildura is flat, and hot. Don't think I'd want to live there. Pat - my colleague - pointed out that though this would be the perfect spot to employ solar energy, there's hardly any in evidence anywhere. Real waste of resources.
The flatness had its advantages though. Did a lot of walking and wasn't bothered by hills...

There was a gecko in our motel room the first night I was there. Cute thing, about 4 inches (10cm) long. I didn't get a pic cos it left and didn't come back.

Ah yes, the dance-of-the-unfamiliar-shower. Bit hot, bit too cold, moving in and out of the water while you adjust the temperature. :)

We had fresh towels provided every day. I liked that.

~=o>

Back to work today. I'd only a couple of extra days off but it felt longer. Hee.
Anyway, hopped in the car this morning and immediately noticed an absence of rotten meat smell. The night before my trip I'd bought some sausages for dinner but they'd disappeared by the time I got home. I couldn't find them in the car so figured I'd probably left them at the supermarket - and not my usual one, which is just up the road, but one that's 30 minutes drive away. But just because I couldn't see them didn't mean they weren't there - that's how my world works - but clearly, they weren't there cos there was no smell this morning. Logic!

~=o>

Whoa...



MRI fruit & veg.

(via Penny.)

~=o>

No comments: