Monday, October 01, 2012

Forecast: 8-15
Attained: 7-15


Organising fiction files on Nigel Coriolus this evening I realised I was missing the 180k word manuscript I wrote several years ago. I knew I had it backed up somewhere even if the backup hadn't been transferred to the new 'puter when I got it.
...
I couldn't find the backup.
...
Ploughed through 4 years worth of discs and couldn't find a single mention. I could only conclude that the files were on discs that had somehow been misplaced. Not a happy thought!

Before I let myself have a melt down I told Joules of my predicament and she - may the colours of the rainbow surround and protect her - did have copies.
[wilt]
So yes, now I have backups all over the place. Let this be a lesson to me.


~=o>

(nicked from the Little Loki Lost tumblr)

Introducing a friend to your fandom.

Yep, from the flames in the eyes of the show-er to the mute horror of the show-ee, this is entirely too accurate... : )

~=o>

Fabulous clip from OK Go featuring a Rube Goldberg Machine.




If you can tear your eyes away from the action and look at the periphery of the set in places, you can get an idea of how many takes there were going by the number of broken bits... :)

1 comment:

Joules *Dances with Haddock* Taylor said...

I have everything you've ever sent me, but I don't think I have backups. So do please safely back up yours!