Monday, October 29, 2012

Forecast: 8-26
Attained: 9-25


My kitchen is teeming with black house spiders.

Well, ok, perhaps teeming is an exaggeration - there's three that I'm aware of - all lurking about the kitchen window. They don't bother me as much as other spiders, despite the size they get to, cos they're stationery and are very good at dealing with European wasps.
Their webs are very sticky though, and a pain in the bum to clean up.

There's nothing in this pic to compare the spider to for scale, but it's living underneath the window latch-y thing and is about half the size of my thumb. That's with it's legs tucked in close.




There's an even bigger one living in the lace curtains about the sink, and a very small male (I think) making a web in the window crack.

Ok, freaking myself out now! Time to move on. Lalalalalalalal

~=o>


No comments: