Thursday, April 03, 2003

*annoyed*
The Ham-hams have been removed from their 7.30 am slot and put on at 3.30 pm which is when I'm picking the cubs up from school. I suspect I'm more put out by this than the cubs are...

Eating a whole packet of dried pineapple is not a good idea.

Yay! All the new books have been entered into the library database!

Just on the subject of rats...
I kept pet rats years ago, before I got involved with the cubs' father. I started out with 2 and ended up with 17. That wasn't very good, cos while rats are intelligent and affectionate little friends, you need to spend time with them or they lose their affinity with you. (Oh, the first 2 I had were sisters, Sous-sus and Bess, albinos, then Kismet a ginger hood. I never actually bred any of my rats, I just kept acquiring them from friends who did.) It was interesting to note the differences between male and female rats when it came to cage-keeping. Give them fresh bedding and the girls would take their time, moving it about, fixing and rearranging until it was just so - the boys, on the other paw, would just kick the lot into a corner and call it sorted.
I think there's a lesson for us all in that. : )

No comments: