Monday, April 07, 2003

Woohoo! My next Dystopia chapter, 'Leech' is finished, ready for coding. This story I've had mulling around in my head for ages, can't remember if I've mentioned that already, but this was the story Dystopia was created around. It's quite different from how I originally planned it, but I think it works...

Ack. Parent/teacher interviews.
The good news is the cubs have made improvements in their behaviour and attitudes since last year, but there's still a long way to go. They're both very bright but socially inept and easily frustrated which leads to tantrums - something that can be very isolating.
However, the teacher of one of them showed us the way he avoids working. This particular cub hates writing, it's 'boring' (ie: too much work). They have a page to fill twice a week or something... he's been filling the space with drawings, and comic style illustrations so he can show what's happening with the minimum of words. This is sort of an improvement, I guess, not that long ago he wouldn't draw anything at all... And - this cracked me up - his teacher came the heavy one day and told him in no uncertain terms she wanted him to write 8 sentences.
He did - the same sentence 8 times. : )
Don't you think that shows an certain amount of cunning? *g*

No comments: