Thursday, August 26, 2004

<sigh> The continuing story...
The new 'puter will not accept Win98 as it's operating system. This is... aggravating. I wanted to avoid using XP but I might not have a choice. I suspect the whizz-bang processor is looking at '98 like it's some sort of primitive, stylised cave-art that originates so far back in pre-history it's beyond comprehension. <grumble> However, my desire for a working computer is greater than my not wanting XP so I'll follow the path of least resistance in this case.
In the meantime I'm still using the cubs' father's computer while he's out. <grits teeth> Could be - has been - worse...

A little while back I was rolling my eyes at some of the stupid junk you could get to fill up your usb ports with but now that I have usb ports all of my very own (6, apparently) I'm thinking a mini-aquarium would be cool. Also a keyboard light, perhaps, and today I saw a 'massage' unit for sale. No, not the sausage-shaped ones (though I'll be buggered if there isn't usb-driven sex-toys designed for the [literal] wankers who use their computers to hunt down rudies) but a round, palm-sized thing covered in nobbles. I think the coffee maker might be going too far though. : )

Been having fun at the op-shops, cheering myself up. Today I found a lovely, fish-shaped ceramic platter which is 2 1/2 feet long! That's going on the wall sometime soon. And earlier this week I picked up a waistcoat that had a grey/silver paisley pattern on the front - perfect for patchwork. Ah yes, and then there was the yellow ceramic chicken-shaped toothpick holder. <g> I like op-shops...


No comments: