Saturday, August 28, 2004

Right, getting to grips with XP.
So far so good, it seems to be doing what it's sposed to, though after using Win98 for so long the XP interface is just weird. Eh, I'll get used to it I spose. Got a firewall installed (I've already been informed lots of times tonight that it's blocking things - <pat pat> good software :) and tried to download/install Grisoft anti-virus (after Norton's wouldn't do as it was told). Hn. Downloaded fine, apparently, the .exe file is sitting where it's sposed to be problem is I can't run it to complete the installation. Get it started and it takes me to the set-up wizard for the sodding keyboard... Perhaps if I tried putting it somewhere else?
The cubs are happy, they got a demo disc for a maths-game thing and they played with that for a couple of hours this evening. It ran an' everything, no freezing, no falling over...
And I have music again, woohoo! Now to get myself over to Morpheus or similar sometime soon and start filling up the echoing space of the hard-drive. :)
I discovered something really cute by accident as I was poking through the control panel setting things this afternoon... I now have an arrow cursor that scrolls rainbow stripes in it's 'working' mode. Hee.

No comments: