Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Right, what software/hardware do I need to be able to play DVDs on the 'puter, and get screencaps? I'm making a wish-list of fun things I want my new machine to have…

I've noticed my reaction to disaster varies wildly, and inconsistently, between sighing and rolling my eyes, and dragging out the sack-cloth and ashes. What is consistent though, is that when I'm taking things badly I only need half an hour or so to vent then I calm down and start thinking rationally again. Don't think the cubs' father ever got the hang of that. He'd get this defensive set to his face whenever I started ranting, which in turn - cos you don't want to upset your partner, do you? - tended to make me swallow my initial reactions. Heh, did that for years, don’t think it helped.

The cubs had a curriculum day yesterday so we trotted off to the Aquarium. Dang, I love that place, never feel tired there. I think I might take the cubs to the Chinese Museum next, haven't been there yet and that giftshop is bound to have a different flavour of tat. <bg>

'Story of O' was an interesting read though initially I found the ending abrupt and unsatisfactory. But then again, there wasn't really anywhere else to go with it, the main character had been well and truly broken by then and any more detail would've simply been repetitive. The postscript was disturbing, but given what had been building in the main narrative, it made perfect sense.

'k, only got one more quilt strip left to attach to the last section. Hee.
And I've started collecting materials for the next one (can't remember if I've mentioned that before), lots of fun. <g>

Penny and I went to see the documentary 'Supersize Me', you know the one? Where the guy eats nothing but menu items from the Golden Arches of Doom for 30 days? It was intriguing, scary in places but what bothered me most was that despite hearing all the bad stuff, after watching him eating all that rubbish I found myself thinking that, yeah, I could go for a burger and chips…
<g> I didn't - I know from past experience that while the first couple of mouthfuls would've been heaven, the rest of it would just sit in my stomach for hours going sour.

Yay! Volumes 4 & 5 of YYH are now in my possession. Mwahahahahah! The cubs are enjoying it, too. <g> And I finally got hold of the final volume of X. <soppy grin> People nobly sacrificing themselves all over the place for their loved ones? The fluffy bunny was in her element… Going to watch it all from the beginning again really soon.

No comments: