Monday, August 30, 2004

Still here, online with my own computer - a computer that doesn't seize up if I try to run more than one application at a time! (Forgive me for labouring the point but this is so effing good! :)
And I can watch Ai no Kusabi on this puter too! <happysqueak> Mmm... blond seme...

Ages ago I had an idea for a story based on the fandom I was active in at the time. Every now and again the idea bobs back up to the surface of my mind and I have another think about it. Yesterday I decided that not only could I rework it as a Dystopia story but I even sorted out the gribbles and plot holes that arose from mushing together two not entirely compatible worldframes. <g> I think I can make it work, what's more I think I can make it plausible. But first I want to finish my next AC which I've been dithering over for days. <sigh> There's maybe only another few chapters needed to tie up the loose ends from my side of the saga, but, like Joules I'm finding it hard to muster the enthusiasm - far more interested in the planned side-stories!

<smirk> So... Joules is writing a twinfic (Matrix) songfic slash, eh? Watching the energy she's expended on research for 'Beautiful Day' I have to say she's gone beyond thorough to, yes, obsessive this time. :) Honestly, she's like a pig after truffles, sometimes... <blink> Uh, okay, maybe not a pig, maybe... um... <thinking hard> maybe a miner after gold, perhaps?
<changing subject>
There's a funny thing I've noticed about fanfic over the years - most of it's written about main characters and most of that is utter crap. However, there seems to be a greater proportion of good fiction written about secondary characters and I believe this is because there isn't a lot of info readily available about them in the primary source so the writer has to think about the characters and not just slavishly follow the trend. Also, from what I've read, good writers are more attracted to secondary charas because their stories haven't been rehashed to death, and because it's more of a challenge to extrapolate from iotas of information rather than cut/pasting standard ideas...
(... and I have no idea how to end that thought graciously so I'll just move right along...)

August 30th... 2 more days and we should start seeing Xmas stuff in the shops. Right now the shops are filled with 'Father's Day ideas'. It's never ending, is it?

Thinking seriously about getting a digital camera now - Goodtwin, the pics I've seen taken with yours seemed very clear. What's the resolution on your camera? I assume the bigger the mp the better the image? And I'd need Photoshop as well? Tch, so much to learn...
(Oh, and Talon, I've lost my 'favourites' list so can I have the url for your other lj, please? The one with the slavefics? Ta :)

No comments: