Sunday, January 13, 2013

Forecast: 16-20°
Attained: 16-21°


Got a rental inspection later this week so spent a few hours today blitzing the lounge room. Looks much better now.

This is the sewing/spare desk. You can almost see the desk top! Considering it was piled 3 feet high this is definitely an improvement.



Also managed to sort out more stuff for the op shop, stuff that I've been hanging on to for spurious reasons. Is good. :)

I'll need to do the same with my bedroom tomorrow on my day off but the rest of the house won't take long.
And then there's the cubs' rooms. Again. Doesn't help that they've been at their dad's all weekend, but they're home now and know what's got to be done. :)

~=o>

Poking about on IMDB today, as one does, I discovered that Mr Hiddleston is slated to play the lead in the film 'Black Wings has my Angel', based on a 1950's crime novel by Elliot Chaze.
Being an obsessive sort I immediately went in search of the book and found an ebook version on Google Play. It was only $1, of course I bought it! Unfortunately, it's scanned-page rather than flowing text so it's awkward to read - a little bit of the text is missing down the side of each page - but not impossible. Even with the few pages I've struggled through I have to say that I'm impressed; the writing is excellent. I may have to see about getting a print copy cos I think this is going to be one that I want to keep.
But anyway, I can absolutely see Mr Hiddleston as Tim Sunblade. Now I just have to exercise patience and wait.
[fidgets]

~=o>

No comments: