Monday, January 07, 2013

Forecast: 17-32°
Attained: 16-30°


Cos I'm going back to work tomorrow - back to early starts - I had planned on getting up relatively early on this, my last day of holiday, to sort of ease myself in to it.
Pfft.
Slept through the alarm and eventually dragged myself out of bed at 11 a.m. [sigh]
Oh well, we who are resigned to using the horrible secondary alarm for the next few days, salute you...

~=o>

Instead of dropping the cubs' booklists off at school this year, we were given the option of taking them directly to the book supplier. Finally got 'round to doing that today. There were a couple of minor hitches, though. First, was learning that the orders will be ready to be picked up the day before the cubs go back to school. Fair enough, that could've been my fault for not getting the lists in earlier, or not, I really don't know what the policy was. In previous years we had to pick the orders up from the school quite late in the hols so...
Second, they needed credit card details, or a cash deposit. [sigh] I don't have a credit card and didn't think to ring and check for any peculiarities beforehand because everyone uses EFTPOS, right? [grump]
True, I could've trekked all the way back to the shopping suburb to get some cash, but was mighty reluctant to do so as I'd just come from there, and it was sodding hot again today and I just wanted the day to end. However, book supplier was happy for me to leave the lists with them and I'll go in on Saturday and hand over the deposit. I didn't have to eviscerate anyone with my teeth, or burst in to tears. It could've gone either way today.

~=o>

I started a thing today! One of the crafty things on one of my abundance of lists.


This was four hours worth of work, with a ridiculous proportion of that time going in to threading the needle and finding the holes in the canvas. [sigh] Really need to get my eyes checked again.
But! It was an entertaining four hours cos I was watching episodes of Rome at the time. :)

~=o>


No comments: