Sunday, October 03, 2004

Back. : )
Fun weekend though not long enough. Just started to properly unwind then we had to come home. Ah well.
Took us about 6 leisurely hours to get there, with a few stops, a nice easy, unhurried journey along the coast. The scenery along the way is gorgeous, and I got a squeaky lobster from Apollo Bay!
We stayed at a lovely little caravan park just outside of Warrnambool, essentially next door to a Golden Arches of Doom with a ship-shaped playground. Niki, Soulsis and I shared a really cute little cabin that had a double bed, 2 sets of bunks and a tiny ensuite bathroom. So tiny, in fact, I was concerned about knocking the door open with my arse while brushing my teeth! <g>
It was good catching up with people - been far too long, as usual, between meetings. We didn't have an itinary as such but we managed to meander our way around to a few things, like a fuge antique place (it had a train carriage as part of it's showroom! <big eyes> ), and down to Logan's beach for a spot of whale-watching! That was amazing, the critters were quite close to the shore and wonderfully active. Visited Cheese World 3 times but only because the first 2 times the place was either closing or closed. <g> It had lots of cheese, funnily enough...
Ate a lot, almost giving myself protein poisoning from all the barbecued meat - hee. : )
We came home via the inland route, quicker but not as scenic. Niki and Soulsis dropped me off a little before 6 p.m. The cubs were glad to see me, so was the cat. : ) I managed to come back with some money despite the squeaky lobster, and the squeaky puffer fish, and the chicken-shaped money box, and the fish-shaped paté knife, plus stuff for the cubs. Quite pleased about that, means I can go opp-shopping or even do something sensible like buy food for my cubs.

It's both good and bad that going away for a few days gives me a chance to take stock of my life. It can be unsettling to confront the pile of unpleasant stuff normally concealed by the everyday getting-on-with-it activities...

No comments: