Friday, October 29, 2004

Hn, been longer than I thought since I'd updated. It's not that there's nothing much happening in my life, it's just that it's more of the same.
I have finished the final linking AC chapter though (13 pages, woohoo!) which Joules will probly post sometime this weekend.

Oh yes, we had some very strong winds the other day - our back fence blew down. Very exciting. The piggles' cage was out of the way, fortunately. A fence-fixing person came 'round this afternoon to get the details of our landlord. I just hope he (the landlord) doesn't take it into his head, again, to turn up unnanounced to check the damage for himself. Hate it when he does that, it's so intimidating. Of course, it doesn't help that our 'lawn' is hip-height again...

And we've got a four-day weekend coming up: a curriculum day at the cubs' school on Monday and a public holiday (for a horse race) on Tuesday. Planning on doing sod-all Saturday and Sunday, but Monday I thought I might take the cubs to the Botanic Gardens in the city to see the new Children's Garden, and Soulsis suggested a barbecue on Tuesday. Sounds like a plan to me. : )

Heh, advertising works. The past few times the cubs and I have been to the movies there was a 'piracy is stealing' ad being shown. The other day one of my cubs was looking over my shoulder while I was online and noticed what I was doing.
"Isn't that piracy?" he said as I clicked the 'download' button for an mp3.
"Um, technically..." I replied then went on to explain why I downloaded material. Most of the music I hunt up is stuff I've got on vinyl and haven't been able to find on CD, or newer, more obscure tracks I haven't found the CDs of yet. Or it's just copies of things I do have on CD but like to have on the computer. See, only technically piracy - I have every intention of buying the CD versions of things when I can find them. Honest!

(Grrrr... the cubs' father's just come in and told me he saw a movie tonight. Nice for some, being able to go out at the drop of a hat and not have to worry about baby-sitters.
Grumpy? Me? Humph.)

No comments: