Sunday, October 17, 2004

This 'fill-in-the-blanks' idea comes from Onna's blog via Joules':

If I were a month I would be: March (Northern Hemishpere – Spring)
If I were a day of the week I would be: Tuesday
If I were a time of day I would be: twilight
If I were a sea animal I would be: cuttle fish
If I were a direction I would be: up!
If I were a piece of furniture I would be: coffee table
If I were a sin I would be: cowardice
If I were an historical figure I would be: Portia (Caesar’s wife)
If I were a liquid I would be: ginger beer
If I were a stone I would be: clear quartz, with internal fractures that flashed rainbow.
If I were a tree I would be: a willow
If I were a bird I would be: a sparrow
If I were a flower/plant I would be: ivy
If I were a kind of weather I would be: cool yet sunny
If I were a musical instrument I would be: a flute
If I were a colour I would be: purple, or green.
If I were an emotion I would be: pleasure
If I were a vegetable/fruit I would be: lychee
If I were a sound I would be: a happy squeak
If I were an element I would be: iron
If I were a song I would be: Ballroom Blitz (The Sweet)
If I were a number I would be: 12
Heh, Joules says the only one she agrees with is the musical instrument.

The cubs and I have just spent a couple of days with Mum after she came back from Queensland. It was fine, not too energetic (she was tired) and I still managed to spend more money than I'd budgetted for. Ah well - I have some lovely material to add to the stash I was never going to make...
It could simply be a reaction to me not wanting to be where I am at the moment, but over the weekend I found myself thinking it would be kinda nice to live out near my Mum. It's a pretty area, rural with mountains, quiet and relatively cheap. I'd definitely need a car though and I'd have to take the cubs' futures into consideration before I made a decision. There's high youth unemployment in the area and from what I've seen not a great deal for kids to occupy themselves with.
It may not be a practical move - perhaps I'm just yearning for some peace and space?

This would have to be a first. Got myself the Kill Bill Vol 1 soundtrack, and for a wonder it's got all the bits of music on it that I wanted! Happy now.

No comments: