Sunday, October 31, 2004

Tch, 10.30 at night and we get trick or treaters. Wasn't going to give them anything (we don't do Halloween over here, remember? No matter what the telly tells us) but they were polite and said nice things about my children so I changed my mind. Luckily I'd been to the supermarket earlier, eh? The cubs were thrilled about it all though <rolls eyes> Easily entertained, my two...

Finally got 'round to watching the Dune DVD extended version today. The added prologue does help a little, explaining some of the basic background info but it still doesn't make this a good movie. The SPFX are extremely hokey and with a couple of exceptions the performances are dreadfully overacted or laughably wooden (thereby setting the trend for Kyle McLachlan and Sean Youngs future work). I'll have to watch the original version to confirm but I'm sure the editing on this new version has been butchered further. There's odd pauses and cut-aways and while I didn't watch every minute I'm sure the scene where Baron Harkonnen attacks the young, scared servant was cut. The costumes, sets and some of the spaceship models are gorgeous though! There's some beautiful visuals in this movie and that alone makes it worth another look.

Pooh. Looks like the cubs and I won't be able to go to the Botanic Gardens tomorrow, the bit I want them to see isn't open on Mondays, so we'll go to the Aquarium instead. :) Hee.

No comments: