Friday, December 24, 2004

Good gods, it's xmas eve already. Oy vey...!
Still, everything's done - food, presents all organised. Our local shopping suburb has been open 24 hours for the past couple of days; I nipped down there last night while the cubs were asleep so I could get the grocery shopping out of the way without the added pleasure of two bored cubs tagging along. The centre was very crowded, and there was a lot of traffic, but the supermarket itself was nice and quiet and there was traffic control at strategic points to smooth things along. Wasn't too bad actually, was able to wander around quite happily in my own little world, something I can't do when my little loves are with me.
The cubs and I went back down there this morning to finish everything off and it was even quieter than I'd hoped. Plenty of parking and no crowds. Got some bargains, too - a box of 18 flashing TMNT lollypops for $6! ... okay, that's a big deal for me but I'll understand if everyone else is underwhelmed. <g>

One little hitch to the holiday fun though, one of my cubs has come down with parvovirus. (Also known as 'slap cheek' - people with young sprogs will probly be familiar with this.) It's one of those sneaky viruses where you're contagious only before the symptoms appear. But anyway, one of my cubs came out in a rash earlier this week. Started on his legs and within 24 hours had literally covered his body. He's been a bit itchy, but not horribly so, and there's been no accompanying headache or fever though that's not unusual with this virus. A few days on and the rash is beginning to subside - now we're waiting for the other cub to come out in spots!

Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments: