Monday, December 27, 2004

Happy Birthday, Sammi!
(Hope it was fun and you didn't get combined Xmas/B'day presents. Having your birthday on Boxing Day must be a pain sometimes... : )

Xmas was relatively stress-free this year. Made a nice change.
Cubs woke me up at 6 in the morning - dragged myself out of bed so I could watch them tear into their presents (Transformers, Neopets and DVDs, all well-received <g> ) then at my suggestion they bounded into their father's room to deliver his presents. (Akira Kurasawa dvds, Japanese woodblock print calendar - can you see the pattern?). I was presented with my gifts - 2 boxes of Guylian seashells, (including the new strawberry flavour), and the Starsky & Hutch movie on DVD - then I staggered back to bed for a couple of hours.
Mum was late getting here but even so we got to the Zoo without much fuss. Spent a few, peaceful hours there (no crowds!) animal-spotting then got home in plenty of time to cook xmas dinner. After dinner with the cubs' father, the cubs and I headed back to mum's and we all collapsed. <g> (Oh, and Mum gave me a pair of pink metal flamingo garden statues. Hee...)

Soulsis and her chicks came over on Boxing day and we had a barbecue lunch that lasted most of the afternoon. I love grazing...
More presents! <happy squeak> Soulsis and Niki gave me some grape party-lights! So, so cool! And then of course there was all the fish-tat Soulsis gave me as well, and the little book about 'Sisters'...

Day after Boxing day was very, very quiet. Hung around at Mum's til mid-afternoon then I drove us home in Mum's car. We watched Shrek 2 and Mum stayed for dinner before driving herself home.
<sigh> I'm knackered though. Some very vivid dreams the past few days. (Including one were I had an appointment with Dr. Johnny Depp and... Let's just say the conduct wasn't entirely ethical. No, don't ask - I'm still blushing. : )

So, the end of the year looms. Eh. I have no plans, and no inclination to make any, truth be told. Might get a bottle of cider or something, but I'm not feeling overly sociable.
New Year Resolutions? Yes.
Couple of things I'd like to do before the end of the year, however - get my room sorted and clean the stove top. That'll be a good start to next year. <nods>


No comments: