Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Hm. The cubs got their end-of-year reports today. Boiled down they state that my boys are both highly intelligent, that both are more than capable of doing the work required but they need to learn to focus.
Gosh that sounds familiar: 'Could do so much better if she stopped daydreaming…' Heh.

Oh cool! I've graduated to a blue star on eBay! That's for positive feed-backs from 50 individual sellers. What's the next level? Turquoise at 100, I think.
(And before I get growled at for playing on eBay when I should be saving my money, that 50 has taken a looooooong time to reach with lots of little purchases…)

Rhythm is my nemesis.
Not the action, the word. I just cannot seem to spell it correctly without having to look it up. I get the 'r' at the beginning, and the 'm' at the end but everything in between tends to be a random selection of letters with at least 2 'y's. Dammit, if I could learn to say 'phenomenon' without half a dozen extra syllables I can bloody well learn to spell - <concentrating> - r-h-y-t-h-m! (Did I get it right? Cool! I did! And I didn't even have to refer to the bit of paper I have handy.)

Oookaaay… I've cut out nearly all of the bits of material I need for a third quilt. Yes, yes, the first is still languishing, waiting to be quilted, and the second is only 1/3 done but there's a method to my madness. I've had to give hand-sewing a rest for a week or so cos it looked like I'd given myself a mild repetitive strain injury to my thumb that I didn't want to aggravate. But, I really dislike being idle so to fill in the time when I couldn't write (ie: when the cubs are about and using the computer) I decided to make a start on the third quilt.
Having more than one project on the go doesn't only work for writing. :) I'm rarely bored…

<satisfied> The current joint fic with Joules is chuffing along nicely. Only one more chapter – we estimate – and that'll be finished too. The fluggy-bunny's having a wonderful time with it. Make of that what you will. :)

No comments: