Saturday, August 11, 2012

Forecast: 8-14
Attained: 9-14


Was only up for a couple of hours this morning before I had to go back to bed for a long nap. I think this is going to take me longer to recover from than anticipated.
Also, my sense of taste seems to have changed. Not an unexpected side effect but disconcerting nonetheless.

~=o>

So, continuing on with my hospital adventure...

Woke up in recovery and the first thing I asked the nurse was whether I'd thrown up or not. There was a reason for this: as I'd thrown up before under anaesthetic it was inevitable it would happen again. (I hadn't been sick this time, as it happens, because I was given something to prevent it. I know exactly when that wore off though...)

Right, so when it was clear I'd survived the surgery I was taken down to the ward for the night.
... I hate hospitals. The temperature is always too high for me and the recycled air makes me feel like I was drowning. As for the food... How can you manage to kill a sandwich?
An interminable night with me being unable to stay asleep for any length of time what with the uncomfortable mattress, and the IV cannula in my arm catching on the hospital gown, and the horrible, dry mouth (a combination of the effects of anaesthetic and the air conditioning) which was barely relieved by the unfiltered tap water I was given to drink...

(Whinge moan complain. I feel I have justification. :)

Fortunately I was able to listen to the radio/music on (a single) headphone; the best distraction possible. If I hadn't have had that I would have undoubtedly gone mad, or had to resort to asking for sleeping tablets.

But, on the plus side, the nursing staff were lovely, I only needed plain panadol for pain relief, and I was already able to hear better in my affected ear.

I got through the night.

(aaaaand again cont'd later. :)

Warning: Potentially icky pic!


I really loathe IVs...




No comments: