Sunday, August 12, 2012

Forecast: 9-15
Attained: 9-14


Spent a lot of time asleep again today but I think my sense of taste is improving...

~=o>

And now the continuing saga...

Thursday morning. I'd made it through the night and just wanted to go the hell home. Couldn't do that though until I'd been assessed by the surgeon. 9.30 was the time I was given for being discharged.
So I waited, and had breakfast - cold toast, cereal, tinned fruit. And waited, and listened to the radio. And waited, getting more and more annoyed. The nurses were great, getting cross on my behalf and chasing up the surgeon. :)
He turned up at 11.30. (Apparently he'd been operating at another hospital.) So finally the bloody IV was able to come out, I could get dressed and leave.

The cubs' father gave me a lift home - he'd been waiting around since 9.30 as well - and bought me some Maccas for lunch. It's a worry when takeaway is a step-up from what was served in the hospital.
Penny dropped 'round with some chocolate, and a shower cap, cos while I could have a much needed shower, I couldn't get my ear wet...

Photos!

While I was waiting:

Part of breakfast. The label was a lie, unless, 'Quality' meant 'average'.




Also while I was waiting; cup o' monitor pads. I peeled these off myself.
Found another one in the shower later, and another one the day after, on my shoulder.



No comments: