Saturday, September 04, 2004

Bother, did I miss my blog's annivesary again? Eh well, it was only by a couple of days... Yay! 2 years of mostly decent service! :)

After months of dancing around the subject our Government has finally decided to call an election. Hoo-effing-ray. Both the major parties are saying their campaigns are based on trust and integrity (there's been much slinging of accusations back and forth over the past year about the porkies the other party's supposed to have uttered <rolls eyes> Honestly, it's like watching kids in the schoolground...) Needless to say I know who I'll be voting for and it won't be either of them.
Hn, I spose the cubs' school will be looking for volunteers to run the inevitable sausage sizzle/cake stall again. Providing, that is, the school is registered as a poling station. Don't know if we've got the room this time, but then again, the community centre is right next door - we could probly wangle some sort of fund-raising activity there as well.

I watched the movie 'Secretary' the other day. Do you remember this one? About a 'sadistic' lawyer (James Spader) and his secretary? It bills itself as a black comedy but I didn't find it gut-bustingly funny. However, it was amusing in the way in-jokes are amusing, in that you recognise/understand the references. I did enjoy the movie though, very much. It was heavily criticised when it was released but I think that's cos the reviewers just didn't get it. It's not tacky, and the female lead wasn't being degraded. If anything it was wonderful watching her grow in strength and confidence because of the nature of her relationship with her boss. This wasn't your standard BDSM story, either, revolving around a reluctant submissive, oh no, this time it was the dom who was having problems coming to terms with his nature. A lot of my amusement came from watching her efforts to get him to realise she was serious. The ending was just beautiful too, very cherishing... the fluffy-bunny loved it. :) I'll be watching it again.

No comments: