Saturday, September 18, 2004

I had a dream the other night that I was able to study in the UK. Not sure what, or where, but I had my own lodgings, my own little space. I was sharing custody of the cubs with their father which meant a lot of travelling and disruption for them so regretfully I decided to give up study cos my children's well-being came first...

I got metres and metres of a fabulous fabric braid from Soulsis! It's over an inch wide and it's hot pink! I'm thinking cushion covers - appliqueing the braid diagonally across a backing material. Hee! :)

You know what annoys me about some sellers on eBay? (Don't growl, I'm only looking.) When they say: "This would make a great addition to your collection!!!"
Excuse me? I'll be the judge of that.

Finished the Dystopia chapter. :)
Had a major [ping] (look, I can remember how to change the colours!) for a novel.
Heh, I'll add it to the list...

The old dial-up number has finally died but so far the new number appears to be holding up. This is good cos I'd be one step away from homicidal if I'm denied internet access again for no good reason.

Yesterday was the last day of term 3, 1 more term to go. The cubs haven't enjoyed this year at all - consequently neither have I - but we've had a talk and they've agreed to try really hard in the last quarter. Of course, pointing out to them that if they don't do well enough they'll have to repeat the grade was a great motivator. They don't like their teacher and the thought of another year with him is scary. (Okay, they probly wouldn't have to repeat anyway but I'm not above putting the frighteners on them to get them moving in the right direction...) Tra la la, where was I? Oh yes...
Lots of things planned for the holidays, we'll see how my energy levels (and the money) holds out, though having been given another bribe by the Government (just before the election, too. How selfless of them...) that should make the latter less of a hassle.

No comments: