Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Remember the Windows 'star field' screen-saver from years back? The one that looked like you were warping, Trek-like, through the cosmos? It's part of XP! <fuge g> Really missed that screen-saver when it wasn't included in later versions of Windows. But now I've got it again and I can happily sit in front of my 'puter, in the dark, and zone out... <happy sigh>

Anyone know what the <var> html command does? No reason, just curious.

Lashed out and bought the cubs some software from the school's bookclub - Garfield's Typing Pal. It's cute, with little games and a variety of neat typing exercises (and it runs without a problem, woohoo!). Going to have a go later and see how I do. I can touch-type quite well, but typing from what's in my mind is very different from copy-typing.

Mostly finished my next Dystopia chapter. After the past few weeks of grinding away at AC this is coming along very nicely.

There's some lovely things on Sushi Cat's site, including the sushi themed wall-paper I've currently got on my desktop. Need to get hold of a zip program so I can use the sushi icons, and dang but don't those widdle neko/sushi orphans that are up for adoption look cute...

Hah! Managed to find some material for the quilt borders today. Was a near thing though... Not surprisingly, the shop - where I'd originally purchased the material for the hexagons a year ago - didn't have the right shade any more. Oh pooh - quoth I - perhaps I shouldn't have left it so long? But, just as my pout was becoming entrenched, over on the 'bargains' table I glimpsed a familiar colour... It's not the same material, the weave is a bit coarser but the colour is damn near perfect. Happy now. :)


No comments: