Monday, September 20, 2004

Okay, calming down now that I'm back online after 24 hours. Apparently there's been 'server problems' in Melbourne, again. Annoyed? Stupid question...

The cubs and I went to see Shrek 2 this morning - 9a.m. session. It was fun, I enjoyed it more than the first, mostly cos of Puss in Boots. You have to love a cold-blooded killer who chases butterflies...
Tomorrow evening we're off to see Nausicca and the Valley of the Winds, and My Neighbour Tortoro ('scuse spelling if it's wrong - couldn't be bothered getting up to check it) with Penny and her daughter. Should be fun, though I suspect allll the children will be very tired by the time we get home. <g>

Finally got 'round to seeing Matrix – Reloaded.
I don’t remember being impressed with the first one, either…
My interest would almost engaged by the ticklings of an embryonic plot, and then there’d be another fight scene. Honestly, it was like any of the combat-driven anime at their worst. I can understand the drive to make the fight scenes ultra-crisp and cooly stylistic but to me they just seemed over-worked and wooden with none of the energy you find in a really good Hong Kong flic.
The Twins were definitely a highlight, but they had – what? – 4 or 5 sentences between them? Sheesh. Nice boots, though…
Aside from the pale dudes (<smirking at Joules>) there were a couple of things I enjoyed about this movie. It is an interesting world-frame; I love the idea of programs as ‘little gods’, overseeing the small things in life.
Couldn’t help but notice that no fat or ugly people had been rescued and sent to Zion. I wonder why…?

It occurred to me today that Dystopia really is finite, and the end is in sight. There’s more than a handful of threads, admittedly, but they’ve nearly all run their course. Joules has suggested we could try to wrap this up by Yule as well as the AC. <g> See how we go, I guess.

Talon directed me to this online comic. Queen of Wands. It’s giggle-worthy, and while not the most sophisticated of art, it’s very expressive. It's on my list of regular checks, now. :)

Soulsis sent me these. They’ve been around for a few years but they still make me laugh. :) (I've high-lighted my favourites...)
~ Cat Haiku ~
You never feed me.
Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.
That will show you.

You must scratch me there!
Yes, above my tail! Behold,
elevator butt.

I need a new toy.
Tail of black dog keeps good time.
Pounce! good dog! good dog!

The rule for today.
Touch my tail, I shred your hand.
New rule tomorrow.

In deep sleep hear sound
Cat vomit hairball somewhere.
Will find in morning.

Grace personified
I leap into the window
I meant to do that

Blur of motion, then-
Silence, me, a paper bag
What is so funny?


The mighty hunter
Returns with gifts of plump birds
Your foot just squashed one.

You're always typing
Well, let's see you ignore my
Sitting on your hands.


My small cardboard box
You cannot see me if I
Can just hide my head.

Terrible battle
I fought for hours. Come and see!
What's a "term paper"?


Kitty likes plastic
Confuses for litter box
Don't leave tarp around

Small brave carnivores
Kill pine cones and mosquitoes
Fear vacuum cleaner

Want to trim my claws
Don't even think about it!
My yelps will wake the dead

I want to be close
To you. Can I fit my head
inside your armpit?

Wanna go outside.
Oh, no! Help! I got outside!
Let me back inside!

Oh no! Big One
has been trapped by newspaper.
Cat to the rescue!


Humans are so strange.
Mine lies still in the bed, then screams!
My claws aren't that sharp....

Cats meow out of angst
"Thumbs! If only we had thumbs!
We could break so much"

Litter box not there
You must have moved it again
I'll crap in the sink

The Big Ones snore now
Every room is dark and cold
time for "Cup Hockey"

We're almost equals
I purr to show I love you
Want to smell my butt.
Thanks for that, Soulsis, I’d lost my other copy.

No comments: