Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Aaaand chapter 15 is finished. Quite quickly, actually.
Bit of a dilemma coming up though. SFSG is about a *cough* adult movie actress so naturally the story will every so often get a bit... lemony. Now, how much detail do I need to go into? Quite a lot in parts I should think - 'artistic merit' an' all that - but then there are ways and ways of dealing with lemons. I suppose the best thing to do at the moment is just write they way I want to then later the text can be pulled back (or expanded) as necessary.
But still... 15 chapters, eh? Hee. : )

Finished reading the 4th Harry Potter book. I certainly enjoyed it but I had a couple of little quibbles. The biggest one was not being able to escape the feeling that 'magic' is the biggest, easiest plot-device ever. Got a bit of a tricky situation in the plot? Gosh look, there's a handy charm. Hm. However, Rowling did manage to give reasonable explanations for the things that made me go "...'kin what?!" and that is why my quibbles aren't big ones.
She's not the most sophisticated of writers but I do like the way she's moved from the simplistic plots of the 1st couple of books to the later deeper, layered ones. I've really been enjoying that.
Heh, now if I can pay off the cubs' library fines I'll be able to borrow the 5th book, then hopefully when I've finished reading that a copy of the 6th will be available. That's one good thing about avoiding a series for years, you can read it all together...

<sigh> So many more channels available on cable, so much less that I'm interested in.
Except for Mew Mew Power, which is starting this weekend on Nickelodeon. Yay! Magical girls! Yes, I know it'll be the bastardised kiddy-safe version butbutbut catgirls! With magical powers and secret identities!
Ah, I'm easily pleased. <g>

No comments: