Monday, July 18, 2005

Is it Fireman Sam or Postman Pat who lives in Pontypandy? I can't remember...

I'm half-way through the 4th Harry Potter novella.
I say 'novella' with heavy irony, you understand, the thing's weighty enough to hurt my hands when I'm holding it.
It's a good and enjoyable story - Joules and Soulsis are definitely right, the books do get better as you go on. I'm particularly enjoying the wider view of the Wizarding world, and now some of those fanfics are beginning to make sense. It's good to see minor characters gaining some depth, too, though our hero doesn't seem to be making that much progress. Eh, he's 13, what am I expecting?

Chapter 15 is probly half-way done as well. I'm covering another lot of bits that have been written in my head for ages which just makes me impatient to get it all out. <g>

One of eBay's best features is the 'watch list'. Everything I see that makes me go ooooh is whacked in there straight away. Then I can keep an eye on it - without having to bid - while deciding if I really truly want it, or can afford it. It's great for curbing that pesky impulse bidding, something that's caused me a fair few heart failures in the past.

This coming Friday the school is having a 'Turning of the sod' ceremony to signal the start of rebuilding. <smirk> You can imagine what sort of images that phrase conjures up for me - can't help sniggering every time I hear it. But it's a relief to know that the new school is finally getting started, I think it's not just me that's fed up with the portable classrooms.

No comments: