Saturday, July 23, 2005

<happy squeal, chibi eyes, etc:> Watched the first episode of Mew Mew Power this afternoon. Oh dear, I'm lost, lost I tell you! <g> Yes it's a dub, and yes some of the dialogue is beyond lame but, oh! it's so cute! Not ham-ham cute but pretty, magical girl cute. Oh, and there's hints of yaoi, I swear, and a handful of decent (if young) bishies to pin those hopes on! (No yuri yet, but you never know...) I wonder if the original Japanese series has been released on DVD anywhere...? Hee, something to keep an eye out for.

My monitor's been showing signs of dodginess for weeks but this morning it just wouldn't boot up. Queue mild panic until I remembered I had another monitor hidden beneath a wall of books in my room. Dug it out and tried to plug it in but - queue major panic - the plug wouldn't fit! Fortunately I spotted the other port underneath the first and gave that a try. Ahah! I had a working monitor again, even though it was a bit fuzzy. Actually, very fuzzy which got worse and worse until I was reading text in much the same way I hear speech, ie: understanding 1 in 3 words and wildly extrapolating the rest.
I was having visions of not being able to use my 'puter until I bought another monitor which, at the earliest, was a fortnight away. Nope, couldn't face that thought so I made some calls. Niki didn't have a spare monitor but Penny did and she brought it round for me a couple of hours later, bless her. : )
So now, lordy lordy, I can see again! Thanks, Penny!

I really enjoyed the past double ep of Dr Who. The gas-masked kid was deliciously creepy (and had the cubs twitching and squeaking, just like I used to do when I was their age and watching Dr Who). The Doctor's comments about Jack amused me no end - "He's a 51st Century man, he's more flexible about who he... dances with..." <snerk> I'm glad he didn't get exploded.
How many more episodes in this series?

And lastly, Alarice popped 'round for a visit this afternoon as well. It was very good to catch up and I'm amazed how many photos you can store on one of those cell phones...

No comments: