Sunday, July 10, 2005

Even being as close to a major city as we are, there's lots to see in a clear night sky. The Southern Cross, and the Pointers, are always there but at this time of the year the constellation of Scorpio is clearly visible. Orion and Taurus can be seen during the Summer, but that makes sense given that Taurus and Scorpio are opposite each other. At various times of the year it's easy to pick out Venus, and Mars, Betelgeuse, and of course the intense spot of light that's the International Space Station. If you look up at the right moment you can see one of the satellites zipping across the sky in an arrow-straight line, very cool...

This is a conversation one of the cubs had with his father yesterday - as reported by his dad.
M cub: Do you like John Howard? I don't like him.
Dad: I'm not overly impressed with him, no.
M cub [thoughtful]: I think Optimus Prime would make a better Prime Minister...
<g> He's probly right, OP at least genuinely has his people's well-being at heart.

Can't remember where I found this.
Superman is a Dick. Go browse the Galleries, especially 'Confounding Comic Covers' and 'Seduction of the Innocent'. <smirk> Very very funny.

And here's a recent quote from a Planarchy for the UK post:
"... I'm just rambling on because it's raining and I can't go out and take the pictures I wanted to (again). So, terrorists won't stop us from going about our business but the rain might. That is, I think, quite British after all."
: )
(Quoted without permission, by the way.)

I slept in this morning cos I wanted to continue my dream.
Someone - alternately me, or me watching them - who felt they had nothing to lose, nothing to live for, impulsively steals an experimental Exo-suit (ala Bubblegum Crisis). While using it almost kills the person through overloading their nervous system the suit's AI bonds with them and essentially becomes a life-support. The bond is physical and permanent. The pair try to avoid capture while testing the suit's limits and the user's self-destructive fatalism is gradually replaced with a desire to experience as much as possible. It's a more insidious form of self-destruction as it involves knowingly putting herself in high-risk situations, but, oh, the rush.
The suit's creator catches up with them but instead of handing them over - the suit is a government project, terribly original, I know - decides to help hide them cos, as she sees it, it's a perfect opportunity to study and test her creation...
I woke up reading some of the manga panels in my mind. Neat, eh? : ) I've had a good run with dreams recently. Must be getting enough sleep for a change.

And chapter 13 is half-way finished! Now the fun begins.

No comments: