Friday, September 02, 2005

I couldn't keep my eyes open this evening so I had a nap after I'd sorted out the cubs' dinner. Not a proper lie-down nap, but a less comfortable reclining nap that ensured I didn't sleep for hours and hours.
I'm not sure where my brain was while I slept but seeing an indistinct shape looming darkly at me when I woke gave me a start. I twitched violently, the cat - the dark shape that had been sitting on my hip - went flying...
<g> KittenKong was most put out.

Speaking of cats.
I found this on OkapiPrincess' lj. Who doesn't love Cats in Sinks? <squinch> So sweet!

I've got the cutest pen.
The Very Special Kids organisation is fund-raising at the moment with a range of pink pig merchandise being sold at supermarkets and such. The bottom half of my pen is middling pink while the upper half is clear. Floating in the liquid is a sprinkling of rainbow sparklies and - a tiny pink pig! I couldn't resist. <g> Hopefully I can get one of the piggy-banks before they sell out.

Egad! Only 2 weeks 'til the end of term! Better pin the cubs down and make some plans...

Rakina's put up a couple of very funny little pieces on AFF - 'A Harry Potter Fanfic Alphabet' and 'A Second Hogwart's Alphabet'. I was laughing so loudly while reading them the cat kept meowing enquiries at me. <g>

I've decided I want to have my own copies of all the HP books but in the adventurous spirit of the true collector I'm not just going to gather the common paperback editions. Oh no. I'm going after the cloth bound special UK editions. They're not rare, precisely, but you don't trip over them in bookshops, either. Hee, the hunt is half the fun.

Oh, what the heck, one last link.
The Museum of Bad Art. Some of the 'collection' is simply boggling... And look, you can buy prints...

No comments: