Thursday, September 15, 2005

I just can't imagine Sir and Lady Hat... you know... doing it...

Finished the first of the Wraeththu books. I'm still vacillating between a 'OMG!'kinGOOD!' response and '... oh come on... what?!'.
To be fair the negative outbursts don't last long before I'm sucked back into the story. I think this is the first time, too, that I've read a book that made exclaim out loud (in a good way) and almost miss my stop cos I was so engrossed. <g>
I'm having Wraeththu flavoured dreams, too. Not the characters/race but the world they've inherited. I am deeply, personally involved with the story - it's just a pity about the number of typos in this edition.

Grrr... The xmas goods have already been in the stores for a week now. So, so annoyed.

I keep forgetting to mention the cool stuff I've been gifted over the past couple of weeks. Penny found me a gorgeous aquamarine plastic tray shaped like a goldfish. There was a set of them on eBay a while ago I didn't get so receiving this was fabulous!
Soulsis has outdone herself, I think. A little flamingo cake decoration that wobbles; a bird-feeder shaped like a bunch of grapes (eee!) and 2 sarongs (dark pink/black with white fishies, and purple/black with pink geckos) that will make the best summer tops. : ) Happy? Oh, yes...

Last day of term tomorrow. Hoo-effing-ray.

No comments: