Thursday, September 22, 2005

Last night - as I was dropping off to sleep - the last few paragraphs of SFSG coalesced in my mind. I finally know where it's going to end! Not only that but shortly afterwards the details of the post-script spilled forth... Lucky I have notepads and pens handy in my bedroom.

Gah, busy day today. The cubs and I zipped down to Chadstone early this morning to dive around completing all the piddling little tasks that needed to be done there before diving onto the bus to go to Box Hill. (Would've been less frantic if we didn't have plans for the afternoon, anyway...)
The M cub has a blankie, his favourite doona that was left behind by the previous tenants at our last house then claimed by him. It's very tatty after several years of continual use but he's resisted even the idea of doing anything other than sewing up the gaping holes. Unfortunately the covering material is so thin and frayed now it won't hold stitches anymore and something had to be done. Given the choice of having the thing fall apart and be unusable or get it recovered, sulky cub eventually saw reason and today we went material shopping. We wandered about the store (huge store, huge selection) with him turning his nose up at all my suggestions until he spotted a novelty print that was covered in sharks. I was very happy he'd found something he liked, truly I was, so I didn't squeak too much at the price - 6 metres at $10.95 per metre - but still... However, canny creature that I am I enthused quietly to him about having the sharks on one side and a nice, plain colour on the other. He bought it, and soon found a suitable green material (that was a quarter of the price. Phew.) He's been warned he'll be without his blankie for a couple of days once I start working on it but that's fine now cos he's got a really cool shark blankie to look forward to. <g>

So, after our busy morning we went to Penny and Sarah's for afternoon tea. A nice change of pace. Heh, though after the chocolate biscuits and cake the children's pace picked up for a while.
On the way home we had to walk past a Golden Arches of Doom and one of the cubs spotted the new toy range just starting. Squeeee! Neopets! At last! And Kougras are in the first batch released. I have a red one now - such a cute widdle kitty-face - hopefully I'll be able to pick up a couple more tomorrow before they sell out. Thank heavens you can buy the toys separately from the food!

Taking the cubs to Puffing Billy tomorrow. <g>

No comments: