Thursday, September 29, 2005

Woke up from a very detailed dream yesterday morning. I'd got talking to a man, an actor - tall, confident and attractive without being overwhelming. He was playing the lead in a play about 3 immigrant men (Chechnyans? Czechs?) living and working somewhere like London. Can't remember the play's name but it had a reputation for violence and explicit content, being hailed as a 'realistically gritty' drama. My new friend's character was the eldest of the trio, the amoral and casually violent ring-leader. He gave me an unnerving demonstration of the character's nature (basically forcing me onto my back) and I had to keep reminding myself that it was just a role he was playing. But for all that I quite liked him and we made plans to meet the following day.
I was at the theatre after the performance (not a big audience but it included a faintly alarmed/baffled Buddhist monk) waiting to meet him, feeling nervous with those first date anticipations... and then the alarm went off. Ah well. : )

Soulsis made me an anklet! It's pink, and its got dangling fishies! Oh, and she found me another sarong to make into a top! Gorgeous orangey-pink with... fishies! <g> She knows me so well.

The 'Wallace and Gromit' movie had a 'short' showing with it, featuring the psychotic penguins from 'Madagascar'. It was quite funny, and I love the sheen on the penguins feathers.

We had a brilliant thunderstorm last night! The biggest cracka-thoom shook the house and one of the clocks fell off the wall. Exciting! The cubs came scuttling out of their bedroom to huddle with me on the couch until it was all over. Puir things. <g>

After the successful My Favourite Book poll last year the ABC is now holding My Favourite Film. I've registered, and voted for 'Velvet Goldmine'. Here's what I said about it - in 25 words or less.
A gorgeous, sensual drama about a time when anything was possible. I get something new from every viewing!
Hee.
You can vote up to 10 times. I'm pondering my next choice - 'Kingdom of Heaven', 'Silent Running'...? Ah heck, I can vote for both!

Chapter 22 is finished! This was another one that took a long time to come together but it's done now. Heh, there's only 2 more 'events' to detail (one major, one minor) before the final story arc. Meep. The end is in sight. Then what?
The rewrite of course...
Applications for the position of beta-reader can be addressed to the author. <eg>

No comments: