Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Awww... KittenKong brought a friend home. Very pretty dark-silver tabby longhair - possibly a full or mixed maine coon judging by her tail and ruff. Friendly, too, and quite young, even though she was as big as my full-grown KK. She had a collar, was in good condition, and has been recently neutered, but damn, if she is an MC what the hell is her personal staff doing letting her wander about at night? That could be up to a thousand dollars worth of cat!
Such a cutie though! She didn't come inside but she was happy to sniff my fingers and smooch up to the window frame when I cooed at her. <g> Heh, and I think she's also the only cat that KK hasn't seen off the property. : )

<sigh> I have a finely tuned molehill-mountain skill - I'm very good at getting myself into a flap about things that are either out of my control or might not happen at all.
There's a house coming up for rent in our street, just a few doors up. It's only 2 bedrooms, and expensive (though an average price for the area) but in a lot of other respects it's ideal. However, I'm giving myself anxiety attacks over everything from moving expenses, to switching the utilities over, to keeping the rent up to date.
See what I mean? I haven't even looked at the place yet.
But no matter what I do, money is a priority consideration. I like this area but it's horribly expensive, especially if you're a low income family. I have choices - there's always choices. The cubs and I can move to a cheaper area though there's no guarantee it'll be somewhere I like (and by 'like' I mean 'feel safe'); we can stay in this area and scrape by, or we can stay right where we are, which actually isn't too bad financially even though I'm really not happy. So which would I prefer? To be emotionally or financially constrained?
Eh, I shouldn't fash. I know that if something's meant to happen the means will be found. But still, I fret...

There's been movement on the building site at school over the holidays, but not that much. The concrete slabs are down and the some of the wooden frames have gone up but it doesn't look like a lot of work for two weeks. True, the slabs are huge but the semi-detached house being built nearby made more progress than that during the same time. What can I say? Private versus government contractors?

Wonderful dream last night - one of my rare 'flying' ones. I was alternately in a car, on a bike, or self-propelled, and I was exploring some fairly rustic countryside including a rescued old brick/thatched roof barn that had been the studio of an eccentric 18th century artist. I had a look inside - it was empty, huge, and in desperate need of restoration but I was thinking of the possibilities in having such a space to work with.
Heh, I'm pretty sure I know what prompted that dream...

No comments: