Saturday, October 22, 2005

Truly, Joules and I do have some interesting conversations on ICQ.
To set the scene: I was querying a word I'd used in SFSG, wondering if it could be considered too Terran for the setting. Joules agreed but as it was very late, and she was very tired she couldn't think of a suitable substitute...

Joules: Nah - brain go 'bampf'. Ask me tomorrow?
Lutra: LOL It's bampfed to the bahamas?
???<blink>???
Actually, 'bampf' is what Nightcrawler does when he teleports.

That's what I mean. Your brain's bampfed away.
... ah... right - undertandee a bit maybe...
nope - no Bahamas...
Maldives, yes

Lucky thing, sunning itself on the sand, being mistaken for a jellyfish...
<growl> My brain does NOTNOTNOT look like a jellyfish....
<smirk>
<THWAP>
<yip!> All right, it doesn't look like a jellyfish!
Though I have seen some washed up on beaches here that are reminiscent of brains. If brains were see-through and smooth.

My brain is neither see through nor smooth. Nor does it exist in only the four usually Terranly discernible dimensions.
Now that I can believe! <nods> Tardis brain. Yes. It's the only way everything can fit
Quite! Insult it at your peril!
<sarcastic quiver>
<eyebrow of dooom>
<snicker> What's it going to do? Come and get me?
<incline head> You think it can't?
....
Oh thank you, now I'm going to have nightmares about being pursued by a brain that doesn't look like a jellyfish!

... I hesitate to ask, but you think brains generally look like jellyfish?
<patpat> Keep taking the tablets...

Well, no, but it was the only washed-up-on-the-beach sort of thing I could imagine a brain looking like...
Conversations like this aren't really atypical, either. <g>

No comments: