Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I've had a good morning. The cubs were up before me and they made themselves breakfast - highly unusual but very welcome on a school morning. Popped in to the supermarket on the way home and atypically checked my receipt. Found I'd been charged the full price for something that was on special so I got a full refund which meant the item was free. Bonus! And then I get home and find a parcel from Joules waiting for me! <bouncebounce>
Gorgeous little otter figurine and an otter postcard from Becky Falls in Dartmoor; usable scraps of the electric-blue organza recently utilized in the Taylor household, plus a big piece of pinky organza (that'd been in bratling's room, hadn't it?); a bizarrely cute dangle-charm from Littlesaru which makes me laugh every time I look at it (thanks, Littlesaru!); about a fortnight's worth of turkish delight flavoured hot chocolate (longer if I ration myself <g>) and two packets of Strawberry Angel Delight! <bouncebounce> Ah, I could smell it as soon as I opened the parcel. Mmmmm... mine, all mine. Mwahahahahahahah!
Thanks, Joules! <huggle>

I got another present the other day, too. The cubs' father regularly asks friends of his that are traveling to bring back snowdomes/snowglobes to feed my obsession for tourist tat. His calligraphy teacher went to Honkers last week but apparently she couldn't find any snowdomes as such (which is daft, seeing as aaaaaallll the snowdomes available in European countries are made in China) but she did find something else globish. A palm-sized glass sphere that's been hollowed out and then painted with tigers on the inside surface. Really pretty; it's sitting next to my monitor, in front of the window. The light shines through it and the picture glows. I can handle this sort of tat, as well. : )

I was very brave the other day. The young huntsman that'd been lurking on the wall for a few days was sitting on the side of my monitor! Erk! But, I managed to catch it in an empty Pringles tube then put it outside. Not sure if I'd have been able to do that if a: it'd been a full-grown spider, or b: the container had been see-through. <shudder>

The DVD of Kingdom of Heaven is mere days away from being released in Australia. I will get it, of course, must keep up my Orli-squee library of works.
And, yes, freezeframe! Now I can have a really good look at the costuming details.

I'm taking the cubs to see 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' tonight after school, but right now I'm going to put the kettle on and have a hot chocolate...

No comments: